Author Topic: Yibis Recruits  (Read 83657 times)

Offline King Puck

• Administrator
  • Bounty: $3,440,000,000 -
  • Respect: +592
Yibis Recruits
« on: July 25, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »
+1
Also visit our recruitment channel [email protected]

We're currently looking for:
Editors
Karaokeers
ScriptQualityCheckers
Timers
Translators (reading skills required)
Translation Checkers (reading skills required)
Typesetters

Translator, translation checker, editor and SQCer are the only jobs where no fansubbing experience is needed. For anything else you should have worked with other groups before i.e. know what the job is about. Use of IRC is required of all members!

Offline Karma

• Grand Line Pirate
  • Bounty: $126,000,000 -
  • Respect: +39
Re: Yibis Recruits
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 06:12:57 AM »
Would English Editor be referring to checking for grammar errors in the subs? If so, I would gladly fill that position.

Offline Angelus Draven

• Grand Line Pirate
  • Bounty: $188,000,000 -
  • Respect: 0
    • Rough Tale
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:41:11 AM »
If you have an degree in English, you'll probably be hired. hehe
One Piece = Wan Pisu = Juan Pea Soup = One Pee Sue

Take the One Piece Character Quiz!
"To train your spirit, you must first train your body"

Offline DCJoeDog

• East Blue Pirate
  • Bounty: $81,000,000 -
  • Respect: +1
    • A site like Digg, but for Anime, Gaming, and Movie/TV news
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 07:37:27 AM »
I used to run a tiny group called [AB] Animebento and later got in with the still running [SF] Siemprefidelis fansubbing Naruto after [DB] stopped.

I know how to use Aegisub, can time(normal and kara modes), like to edit JPN translation scripts into formal English ones, can also spare a pair of eyes for quality checking.

Hope I can help you from time to time with One Piece.

kaizokugami

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 08:19:05 AM »
I've no experience in subbing, but I am considering going to school to be an English teacher, and as such I have spent many of the free credits for my 2 year AA degree taking extra English classes to prepare for the 4 year bachelor's degree. I won't say I don't make mistakes, but I am pretty good grammatically. My biggest problem is the unnecessary capitalization of words randomly in the middle of sentences. However, this issue has been something I've been working to correct and is not such a big deal anymore. So if you think you can use my services I would gladly give it a shot. Other than that, if your willing to train I would be wiling to try and learn any other position.

Offline Ertai

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 01:19:45 PM »
I have no previous experience in subbing groups; however, I pride myself in my grammar and syntax abilities.  Also, I have much experience with encoding videos for various situations, in case that is needed.  I've been looking for a way to contribute to the OP community, and this is definitely an outlet that I would love to help with.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 01:22:42 PM by Ertai »

Awesome

Phoenix

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 10:21:22 PM »
I haven't worked with any other groups before but I guess gotta start somewhere right? I really like One Piece a lot and if you want I can be an encoder. I have a powerful enough PC to encode in a reasonable time I believe.

Offline TheWopping

• Civilian
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 01:37:46 AM »
Um I know you probably got enough people to fill in the job of editing. That would be the best job for me^^.Also, if you want me to advertise around other place's for people I can do that and might be able to find someone for translating. 

Offline King Puck

• Administrator
  • Bounty: $3,440,000,000 -
  • Respect: +592
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 01:46:00 AM »
...and might be able to find someone for translating. 

That would be very helpful.

Offline DreaGa

• Civilian
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 11:33:42 PM »
Hello, I timer.
I have enough free time and quite experience in subbing.

ask msn for PM

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:35:52 PM by DreaGa »

Offline B.O.F.H.

• The Judge
  • Administrator
  • Bounty: $278,000,000 -
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 11:42:09 PM »
Hello Drea , we dont do msn , come by to irc://irc.rizon.net/yibis-recruits so we can talk

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:44:49 PM by ExWizzard »
If you have any problem:1. Email me2. Join our IRC

Offline Ha.D.Kouhbor

• Grand Line Pirate
  • Bounty: $170,000,000 -
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 01:09:52 AM »
etto... etto... lets see... i cant do N E of these things! so ill cheer u guys!!!! /cheer /cheer
Hamyuts Meseta  'o KOROSREE!!!11

trexgoesrawr

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 05:36:58 AM »
I love One Piece and quality fansubs -- there's really nothing more aggravating than a low-quality sub ruining the moment. I'd like to help out as an editor.
I don't have any previous experience with fansubbing directly but have lots of previous experience editing other's work as a writing tutor for my university. I've never used IRC before but I'll lay in wait in the recruit channel. Send me a message on the forum or in the channel if you are still looking for editors, though it seems there's lots of people interested.

Offline ca954

• Civilian
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:48 PM »
If the English Editor position is still open, I would like to apply for that role.  I have no fansubbing experience, but have a great personal interest in anime and your community.  I have a B.A. in Political Science from UC San Diego, where I have completed extensive reading and writing in proxy of an English degree.  I am also attending law school currently, but I still have ample free time to accomplish weekly and daily objectives.

Thank you for your consideration.